What is FLASHanthropy?
FLASHanthropy is an official Kent State student organization that is committed to raising awareness of philanthropy among Kent State undergraduate students. The group is responsible for:
- Teaching their peers about the role that philanthropy plays in the day-to-day operation of the university
- Encouraging classmates to support the Pay It Flash Forward Scholarship
- Providing fundraising advice and assistance to other Kent State-affiliated groups
- Inspiring Kent State students to help move their alma mater into the future
- Spreading the Kent State message to the undergraduate student body and the greater Kent State community
What is the Pay It Flash Forward Scholarship?
The Pay It Flash Forward Scholarship was started with a goal of being a scholarship for which a large number of Kent State undergrads could be eligible to apply for, unlike many that are limited to support students in specific schools, colleges or programs. To be eligible, applicants must show financial need, have a GPA of at least 2.5 — and must be able to demonstrate how they participate in philanthropy. Since 2011, ten students have received scholarships.
Since it’s creation in 2006, alumni, parents, faculty, staff, and students have contributed over $100,000 to the fund, which recipients can use to help reduce the costs of their education. Our goal is continue to grow the amount of scholarships and dollars we reward annually.
Follow us to learn more:
To apply for the scholarship, visit the Office of Financial Aid’s Scholarship Search page — enter “Forward” into the search box, hit “Go” and look for the description. Then follow the link and complete the online application.
*Fall Semester Meetings 2016 are Thursday nights in the Kent Student Center at 5:30pm. Contact email@example.com for more information.